Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandpa

Today, November 17th, would have been my Grandpa's 91st birthday. Roy Franklin Johnson, Sr. passed away in March of 1991. I have missed him everyday since. The memories are very fresh in my mind today since I went to see my Grandmother this past weekend. I had the honor of going through tons of pictures and sorting them for her. In that I found several of my Grandpa that made me laugh and cry. He was an amazing man. He had a very giving heart and did so much for so many. He loved me more than life itself and took GREAT care of me. You see, I lived with my grandparents from age 2 to 18. So, he was a very integral part of my life.

Happy Birthday, Grandpa. I love you and miss you so very much.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I was talking about him the other day. I will always remember the "rollie coaster" I miss him too.